Check the list of FAQs to find answers to common queries
1. Why choose FRiENDi mobile?
Whether you use your mobile to surf the internet, make local calls, or get in touch with loved ones back home, FRiENDi mobile is guaranteed to provide you the best service with our simple packages, lowest call rates and incredible network coverage.
2. Where can I buy a FRiENDi mobile SIM?
You can purchase a FRiENDi SIM card from your local dealer or check the Store Finder to locate the one closest to you. You could also visit us at Muscat City Center, Oman Avenues Mall, Al Assalah Towers & at the Airport.
3. I like my phone number, can I keep it?
Yes of course. Just go to any dealer and purchase a new FRiENDi SIM card. Mention to the dealer that you would like to port-in to FRiENDi mobile and write your existing mobile number on the application form. Once the FRiENDi SIM is activated, we will take care of the rest.
Do keep in mind it can take up to three (3) working days for your number to port-in.
4. How can I check my mobile usage?
You can log in to your Self Care account for a complete and detailed history of your account's transactions.
5. How can I stay up-to-date with the latest from FRiENDi mobile?
6. I have lost my SIM card, how can I get my number back?
All you have to do is buy a new FRiENDi mobile SIM and mention your lost phone number on the application form. You will have your number back within 48 hours.
FRiENDi mobile provides you access to 4G network technology, allowing you an incredible super-fast, high quality, low latency mobile broadband internet experience and service. Combining this speed with the amazing data plans that we have to offer, we bring you the best deal in the market.
1. What is 4G?
4G is the latest technology of reliable, fast internet. 4G services should make it much quicker to surf the web on your mobile, tablets & devices.
2. Who can access 4G?
All FRiENDi mobile users can access 4G data speed.
First make sure you have a 4G handset and then dial *115*12# & it will tell you if your SIM is 4G ready. If you don’t have a 4G SIM, then you can do a SIM replacement at a store or FRiENDi kiosk closest to you.
3. What are the charges of 4G?
There are no extra charges for using 4G.
4. How can I find out if my FRiENDi mobile SIM supports 4G?
Simple, dial *115*12#
5. If my SIM does not support 4G, how can I get a 4G FRiENDi mobile SIM?
Simply go to any FRiENDi mobile dealer or kiosk and ask for a SIM replacement. To look for a store close to you CLICK HERE
6. What is the difference between GPRS, EDGE, 3G and 4G?
GPRS: refers to a service on the 2G network that provides basic data up to 56kbps (similar to dial-up speeds)
EDGE: 2.5G technology. An enhancement of the 2G technology which provides higher data transfer rates compared to GPRS (the default on 2G).The speeds can go up to 144 Kbps.
3G: 3G technology provides faster / higher data transfer rates compared to the 2G network (EDGE & GPRS).This technology can offer speeds up to 21 Mbps.
4G: This technology rides on LTE platform and is the latest in the world of mobile data transfer. It is the next generation of mobile communications. Currently it is the most advanced technology available. Theoretical data downlink speeds can go up to 100 Mbps.
7. How do I know which areas are 4G enabled?
Check this map to see if 4G is available in your area.
To receive data settings for your handset, dial *350# or click Data Settings.
Check emails, surf on Google or connect with friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from your mobile.
Plan Validity Price Includes Repurchase bonus To activate Weekly 40MB 7 days 300 Bz 40 MB - *320*11# Weekly 100MB 7 days RO 1 100 MB 50 MB *320*12# Weekly 600MB 7 days RO 1.5 200 MB + 400 MB Night 20 MB *320*13# Monthly 1GB 30 days RO 2 300 MB + 700 MB Night - *320*28# Monthly 1.5 GB 30 days RO 2.5 500 MB + 1000 MB Night 50 MB *320*21# Monthly 600MB 30 days RO 3 600 MB 100 MB *320*22# Monthly 3GB 30 days RO 4.5 750 MB + 2250 MB Night 75 MB *320*23# Monthly 2GB 30 days RO 5 1 GB + 1 GB Night 200 MB *320*24# Monthly 3GB 30 days RO 9.9 3 GB - *320*25# Monthly 6GB 30 days RO 12 3 GB + 3 GB Night - *320*26# Monthly 6GB 30 days RO 15 6 GB - *320*27#
- To check the remaining data and plan validity dial: *220#
- Night timings will be from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- You will receive the bonus MB on repurchase of the same plan within validity & also if your plan's auto re-buy option is ON.
- For the best mobile data experience we recommend to turn auto re-buy ON. You can change this option anytime by dialling *130#
- You can change your existing data plan at anytime by dialing the activation code of the plan you wish to buy.
- Extra usage charges: On completion of included MBs within the plan validity, you will be charged 10 Bz/MB for extra usage.
- On plan expiry, you will be charged PAYG rates of 0.4 Bz/10 KB.
Never run out of data! Add extra data add-ons to your existing plan and continue enjoying internet.
Add On Includes Timing Price To activate Extra 200MB 200 MB Anytime RO 1 *200# Extra 1GB 1 GB Anytime RO 5
- To check the remaining data and current plan validity dial: 220#
- All data add-ons will follow the validity date of your current data plan & will not be automatically renewed.
- You can buy as many data add-ons as you want.
- If you choose to upgrade to a higher plan the remaining MBs in your current plan will expire and not be carried forward to the upgraded plan.
- Once you have consumed all the included MBs in the plan and the add-on you will be charged as per the plan’s extra MB charges.
1. What are the rates for local calls?
Destination Off-Peak Peak FRiENDi 39 Bz/ Min 39 Bz/ Min Other operators 39 Bz/ Min 55 Bz/ Min
- Off-peak: 8:00 pm to 6:00 am, Saturday - Thursday and all day Friday
- Peak: 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday - Thursday
2. What are the local call plans available with FRiENDi mobile?
Plan Destination Rate/ Min Price 10 Bz FRiENDi to FRiENDi All FRiENDi numbers 10 Bz 500 Bz/Month 25 Bz Weekly Local Call All local calls 25 Bz RO 1/Week 25 Bz Monthly Local Call All local calls 25 Bz RO 3/Month
- To activate this plan from your mobile dial: *410#
- For the best call plan experience we recommend to turn auto re-buy ON. You can change this option anytime by dialling *130*2#
- On call plan expiry, you will be charged standard call rates.
3. What are the international call rates?
Select the country you would like to know the rates for & click submit.
Find the rate to your destination
4. What are the international calls offers available?
International Call Bundles
Destination Includes Free minutes Price Validity To activate Bangladesh 15 minutes - 500 Bz 10 days *180*2*15# Bangladesh 35 minutes 5 minutes RO 1 30 days *180*2*35# Bangladesh 80 minutes 5 minutes RO 2 30 days *180*2*80# India 15 minutes - 500 Bz 10 days *180*1*15# India 35 minutes 5 minutes RO 1 30 days *180*1*35# India 80 minutes 5 minutes RO 2 30 days *180*1*80# Pakistan 15 minutes - 500 Bz 10 days *180*3*15# Pakistan 35 minutes 5 minutes RO 1 30 days *180*3*35# Pakistan 80 minutes 5 minutes RO 2 30 days *180*3*80#
- To activate the bundle from your mobile dial: *420#
- The extra 5 *free minutes will only be given when you purchase the bundles for the RO 1 or RO 2 for the second time within the validity period.
- There are no peak/off-peak timings. Included minutes can be spent at any time of the day.
- You can buy as many bundles as you like and the validity of the minutes will get extended as per the longest validity.
- Charging is per full minute.
International Off-peak Offer
Rate Destinations 39 Bz/ Min Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, USA, China, UK 49 Bz/ Min Pakistan, Canada, Malaysia 59 Bz/ Min Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Nepal, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Turkey, UAE, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Australia 89 Bz/ Min Ethiopia, Tanzania, Yemen, Kenya, Russia, Taiwan, Mauritius
- be to this offer for free, dial *420*4#
- To activate the plan from your web self-care CLICK HERE
- Offer is valid until 25th of April, 2017.
To recharge your account using a voucher, dial *121*Recharge PIN#
Below are the denominations of vouchers you can buy -
500 Bz, RO 1, RO 3 & RO 5
You can recharge your mobile credit 24/7 using your Self Care account. You can choose to recharge from RO 5, RO 10 & RO 20.
To recharge now CLICK HERE
1. How do I benefit from registering for Self-Care?
Your Self-Care makes your mobile life easy & simple.
- Recharge online using a credit or debit card 24/ 7.
- Check your account details in your transcations history.
- Transfer credit to your friends & family
- Activate plans & bundles.
2. How do I register for Self-Care?
Click on the below link & follow steps. You will need your SIM's PUK code. For assistance please call us on 1252.
We support roaming in various countries all over the world so you can always use your FRiENDi number anywhere you go.
Should you face any difficulty with making a call while on roaming, dial *135*00(country code) number#. You will receive a call back shorty after connecting your line with the number you wish to call.
Activity Price Receive calls 108 Bz Local calls 96 Bz Calls to Oman 238 Bz Calls to other countries 999 Bz SMS 27 Bz
All the other countries
Activity Price Receive calls 499 Bz Calls to Oman 499 Bz Calls to other countries 999 Bz SMS 199 Bz
All calls are rated per full minute.
Value Added Services
Local Credit Transfer
Transfer credit to your friends using FRiENDi mobile for free starting with as low as 0.001 Bz to RO 50.
Dial *123# and follow steps. Alternatively you can dial *123*RO*Bz*FRiENDimobileNumber*1#.
Ring Back Tone
To select from our wide range of tones, simply call 1253. Charges for this call is 50 Bz/ Min and you will be charged 500 Bz for the tone for 30 days.
Call Me Back
You can send a text message to any of your friends to request a call back, without any limitations and even while on roaming.
Dial *131# and follow steps.
Miss Call Alert
To get missed call alerts while you have been, dial *132#.
To activate call waiting, dial *134#.
Post Balance Notification
Allowing you to track your prepaid mobile balance immediately after making any outgoing calls this service helps keep your budget in check.
Activate for free, dial *114*1#.
International Credit Transfer
Gifting credit to your loved ones living abroad has never been easier. To transfer international credit simply dial *222# and follow the steps.
Maximum amount you can transfer per month is RO 30.
Mobile Number Portability
1. How do I port in my number?
- You only need to ensure that the number you want to port in is a pre-paid number and is registered under your name.
- Then go to the nearest dealer or to the FRiENDi mobile kiosk and buy a FRiENDi mobile SIM card.
- When you fill the activation form, make sure that your mobile number, signature, identification document and name exactly match the information that you have registered with your current operator.
- Please ensure you use all your remaining credit as the existing credit will expire upon successful porting and will not be carried forward.
- Call charges, plans and VAS offered by FRiENDi will differ from that offered by your current service provider.
- You will have to back up the contacts and the messages stored on the old SIM card before making the porting request. FRiENDi mobile will not be able to transfer these details to the new SIM card.
2. How long does it take to port a number?
The entire process of porting will take three (3) working days.
3. Where can I find information about the status of my port in request?
- We will be in touch over phone during this process.
- We will call you first to verify your information before submitting your request. You will receive an automated SMS once the port in request is approved to inform you that your number will be disconnected for two hours, after which you must restart your mobile.
- All this will be done within three working days.