Mobile Number Portability
1. How do I port in my number?
- You only need to ensure that the number you want to port in is a pre-paid number and is registered under your name.
- Then go to the nearest dealer or to the FRiENDi mobile kiosk and buy a FRiENDi mobile SIM card.
- When you fill the activation form, make sure that your mobile number, signature, identification document and name exactly match the information that you have registered with your current operator.
- Please ensure you use all your remaining credit as the existing credit will expire upon successful porting and will not be carried forward.
- Call charges, plans and VAS offered by FRiENDi will differ from that offered by your current service provider.
- You will have to back up the contacts and the messages stored on the old SIM card before making the porting request. FRiENDi mobile will not be able to transfer these details to the new SIM card.
2. How long does it take to port a number?
The entire process of porting will take three (3) working days.
3. Where can I find information about the status of my port in request?
- We will be in touch over phone during this process.
- We will call you first to verify your information before submitting your request. You will receive an automated SMS once the port in request is approved to inform you that your number will be disconnected for two hours, after which you must restart your mobile.
- All this will be done within three working days.