Terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions upon which FRiENDi mobile (“we”, “us” and “our”) will provide Services to you (“you”):
1. Services you are buying. The Services you have ordered are our pre-paid mobile telephony, data and internet services (the” Services”). Full details of all our services can be found at www.friendimobile.om
Charges will commence from the date the Services are first provided to you.
3. Prices and changes to the Services and Prices
- All our current prices and Terms and Conditions are on our website at www.friendimobile.om
- We may make changes to your Services or to the prices and these Terms and Conditions, at any time
- We will give you one month’s notice of any increase in price or other changes that may be unfavourable to you.
4. Things you agree to do
You agree that you will in respect of your account, or accounts:
- Follow our instructions in respect of each Service.
- Ensure that all information you provide is correct and complete (please notify us immediately if your details, such as your address, change).
- Look after your SIM card/s that we supply to you as part of a Service, and, if you do not, that you will pay for the replacement of the SIM card/s.
- Use the Services responsibly, and in compliance with the laws of the Sultanate of Oman (“Oman”).
- Supply any further documentation and information that we are legally obliged to obtain from you in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
5. Things you agree NOT to do
You agree that you will NOT in respect of your account, or accounts:
- Use the Services to make any call, or transmit any data or information, that is offensive, indecent, menacing or a nuisance (including hoax calls) and that you will not use the Services in any way to send unsolicited SMS or spam or junk mail, commit fraud or any other criminal offence and agree to indemnify us against any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your misuse of the Services.
- Resell the Service.
6. Use of your account, or accounts, by others
If you have more than one account, you remain responsible for all aspects of the account including ensuring that anyone you authorise to use the Services (effectively use of your SIM card/s) does so in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. Transfer of this Agreement.
- Under this Agreement, FRiENDi mobile agrees to provide the Services only to you as the account owner. You may not transfer this Agreement or an account without our prior Agreement.
- You agree that we may assign this Agreement to a third party, for business reasons. If we do this we will notify you of any such change.
8. Your privacy, account details and passwords
- We may monitor your use of the Services and record calls made to Customer Care, for training, financial control, quality control and regulatory purposes.
- You undertake that all information you give to us is correct and complete, and you must notify us if your account details, such as your postal address, change.
- Your passwords and account details are confidential and may be used to verify your identity for access to various Services. Therefore, keep them secret and safe. We will not be responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of not keeping your passwords secret and safe.
- We will only allow access to your account (including making changes to the account) to you as account holder, using your password.
- We reserve the right to share your personal account information, call data and content of telecommunications traffic with third parties for credit checking, security, fraud prevention, identity verification purposes or where we have been requested to make such information available to a government or law enforcement agency.
- Where you have given us permission to do so, we may also share your personal account information with other persons outside of FRiENDi mobile including our business partners. Please call us if you no longer wish to be contacted in this way.
9. When we may suspend or terminate your Service
We can suspend or terminate one or more of your services at any time without notice in the event that:
- We suspect that you are failing to comply with this agreement in any way (we will reinstate the Service as soon as we are satisfied that this is not the case)
- We detect any unusual activity in relation to your number or reasonably suspect that abuse, dishonesty or fraudulent activity is occurring on the account (we will reinstate the Service/account as soon as we are satisfied that this is not the case)
- We are required to do so by any government department, national security or regulatory organization, emergency service or other competent authority.
- We reserve the right to block access to certain telephone numbers or Content (see Content section below) for legal, regulatory or security reasons.
- Unless a SIM card has been reported to us by you as lost or stolen, you are responsible for all the SIM related activity and usage of the Services.
11. Ending your Service
In this Section the term “Chargeable Usage” means either
- Making an outgoing call
- Sending an SMS message
- Paid subscriptions
- Any internet usage
You may contact us at any time during normal office hours if you wish to terminate your service. Your account will automatically end in the following circumstances:
A) If there is no Chargeable Usage of the account for any continuous (4) months period then the number will automatically enter a cool and cold status for (2) month. If no recharge was done during the cool/cold status period, the account will enter a “Quarantine Period” of (3) months.
B) During the Quarantine Period – you will NOT be able to make any activities (for example; receive incoming calls or make outgoing calls). At the end of the Quarantine Period your number and account will be terminated and your number may be reallocated to another customer.
12. No Liability
We will not be liable in any way, direct or indirect, for any actions by us or anyone who works for us, except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded under Oman law. We use a third party mobile network to deliver our services and, therefore, shall not be liable to you for:
A) Poor quality or the temporary non-availability of the network; or
B) Loss, delays or non-readability of any message or any loss of or malfunctions in any communication; We are not responsible for and do not control or endorse any goods or services supplied by any third party that you purchase using any of our mobile payments, data or internet services.
13. If you have a complaint
- If you have a complaint about the Services please contact us. We will try and resolve any complaints quickly and amicably.
- If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period or you are not satisfied with the outcome the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Oman is empowered to resolve disputes between you and us in accordance with the Telecommunications Regulatory Act (Royal Decree 30/2002).
- If you receive mischievous, nuisance or threatening calls we will advise you to contact the police and we will cooperate with the law enforcement agencies as requested by them.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Oman and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Oman.
14. Telephone numbers
The number/s you have are not our or your property. All telephone numbers are a national resource controlled by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Oman. Numbers may, in the future, be changed, blocked or re-called and we must comply with the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority’s and other official agencies requirements. If requested, you may keep the same number when changing to another service provider.
You must not sell, or attempt to sell, your telephone number to any third party.
15. Directory Services
FRiENDi mobile will put your number/s into a telephone directory if you ask us to. Our telephone directory information may be shared with other operators and our Directory Information Service is available to you upon request. We may charge you for this service. If you have requested directory listing and no longer wish to be included in the telephone directory, please contact us.
16. Emergency Services
In case of emergency the customer is requested to contact 9999 which is a free call. The officer receiving the call will direct you to the required emergency agency.
17. Internet and Content Services
- In this Section the term “Content” means information, communications, images and sounds, software and any other electronically-stored material accessible, received or distributed through the Services.
- The Services may link you to the internet or other third party sites or networks. The Internet is not a secure environment. You acknowledge and accept the risk of interception or unlawful interference by unintended and unauthorised persons.
- If you use Content services you must comply with Omani laws in force from time to time relating to restricted Content.
- Under no circumstances are we responsible for material contained in Content that is accessible through the Services. We do not endorse the Content, views, messages or information found in any Service. You are solely responsible for determining the suitability of all accessed Content.
- We may need to establish size limits for transmission of message and data and Content.
- Content downloaded by you through the Services may be subject to our or third party copyright or other intellectual property rights and is provided to you subject to those rights. In particular, unless otherwise specified, you may not resell downloaded Content.
- Any downloading or saving of Content is entirely at your risk.
- We may at our discretion deny access to, remove or modify any Content that may be defamatory, offensive, indecent, objectionable or illegal or may have infringed any third party’s intellectual property rights, without notice to you.
- You irrevocably agree to fully indemnify us against and hold us harmless from all losses, costs, proceedings, expenses (including legal fees) or liabilities incurred by us as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from your use of the Services in breach or non-observance of these terms.
18. Mobile Number Portability service
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a service that enables the customer to move from the current service provider to FRiENDi mobile without having to change his/her number.
- The applicant acknowledges that upon the signing of this Mobile Number Portability (MNP) application form, FRiENDi mobile will commence the process of porting his/her mobile number from the current service provider to FRiENDi Mobile.
- FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to charge for the porting process.
- Customer understands that he/she has to complete the application form from FRiENDi mobile services.
- The completion of the porting process shall be subject to proper validation and verification of the applicant's identity by FRiENDi mobile and the approval of the same by the current service provider.
- The applicant will be advised when his/her porting has succeeded.
- The applicant acknowledges his/her understanding that FRiENDi mobile shall not:
A. Be responsible for any period of outage of the applicant's mobile service and/or any related or supplementary services
B. Warrant that his/her mobile number will be ported to FRiENDi mobile within any specific timeframe
C. Be liable for any loss or damage which may be caused to the applicant as a result of any delay or interpretation of services during the porting process.
- If applicant supplies fraudulent, false or misleading information in the application form. He acknowledge that he will be personally liable and responsible for such information, as well as any loss, damage, costs, injury or expense of any kind which arises or it is incurred either directly or indirectly as a result therefore.
- The applicant understands that certain services (including unused credit, or other value added services) will not be transferable from the current service provider to FRiENDi mobile and vice versa.
19. Online Recharge Policy
FRiENDi mobile customers can use their credit/debit cards issued in Oman for recharging their mobile balance on our Online Recharge Portal or Self Care Application.
Customers can recharge a flexi amount ranging from 100 Bz to RO 50, with a maximum of RO 50 per transaction.
Please check our website for updates on available offers for recharging using credit/debit cards.
By using our recharge portal, customers can purchase mobile credit or mobile products, or other similar packages. The purchased products will be directly credited to the customer’s mobile account that was specified at the time of recharge.
The purchased products will be immediately credited to customer’s mobile account upon successful transaction. If products are credited immediately, please allow at least 1 business day for the manual processing of the order. We request customers to check with our Customer Care team before raising any disputes with the concerned Banks.
Cancellation, Refund and Return Policy
Cancellation is not possible for successful transactions, for which the purchased product is delivered to the customer as per the above mentioned Delivery Policy. Cancellation is only possible for products which are not delivered to the customer as per the above mentioned Delivery Policy.
When an undelivered order is cancelled, the amount will be credited to the customer’s credit card/bank account, and FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to deduct the processing charges while processing the credit for the cancelled products.
Return and refund can only be processed for successfully delivered products as per the Delivery Policy mentioned above.
If customers choose to Return or Refund for a product that was purchased online, the following scenarios are applicable:
- If the customer uses the purchased products, then FRiENDi mobile deserves the right to accept or reject such requests as the purchase requests are initially accepted after customer’s confirmation.
- If FRiENDi mobile accepts such request for Return and Refund, then FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to deduct the original refund amount proportionally with the product used.
- The Refund can only be done to customers Mobile Credit Balance by default.
- If the customer chooses for Refund to his/her bank account or credit card, then FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to further deduct the processing charges for such requests.
Customers may choose to dispute with their Bank for refund of the online transaction carried on FRiENDi mobile Website/Mobile app, and FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to reject or accept the dispute as per the above policies.
If the customer chooses to dispute with the local regulatory body, the customer should pre-register the compliant with FRiENDi mobile Customer Care and allow FRiENDi mobile to process the complaint as per the standard Service Level Agreements. If the customer does not follow the above mentioned rules, then FRiENDi mobile reserves the right to accept or reject the dispute raised by the customer through the authorities.